Monday, June 2, 2008

I take NOTHING for granted!

Well, it's been a while since my last entry........much has happened, none worth reporting except.........where my month of May went...
I went to Iowa April 30th for a 2 week visit and ended up not returning until May 25th. My youngest daughter Lara was going to turn 30 on May 2nd, and I wanted to surprise her by sneaking up to Iowa for a Birthday visit. Her husband and sister Becky planned a surprise party, and I love surprises, so off I drove, 10 hours to surprise my baby. Yes, I did surprise her, she almost fainted, and so did my son Rich, he was not in on it that I was coming to Iowa. His jaw dropped too. (Why do we hold our mouths funny when we dance?!?)

We partied and I stayed out until 4 a.m. dancing and showing my age. But it was all in great fun, we laughed, took crazy photos, and laughed some more. The photo on the left is of my 3 grown children and I singing at a Karaoke bar. Smoke-free bars are great, you don't go home smelling like a butt can. Loved that, I wish Kentucky was smoke-free!!!!!
Well, I had plans to spend many wonderful hours with my children, grand-children, brother and his family, friends, and even work at the goldsmiths for a day. I did get to see everyone, but by the 6th of May, I was flat on my back, thought I'd swallowed a catus. Went to the doctor, no treatment, just plenty of rest, liquids yada, yada, yada. By Saturday I was much worse, many treatments, pills and inhalers.
Mother's Day was horrible, Lara brought her sons over, but I was so sick, I didn't even enjoy the visit. Did all those pills help? No go, I got worse, to shorten this blog, let me say that by the 17th I was in BAD shape, my oldest took the reigns and told me that was enough and too me to the ER. (I must say I didn't protest too much by that time, i was getting scared.) I was coughing so much I was wore out and not able to get much breath. They gave me 2 little magic pills that stopped the coughing, gave me a breathing treatment, filled my poor dehydrated body with fluids and started the testing to find out what was going on in this poor excuse of a body. I must say, they were on the ball, kept us informed and when things would come back with a great big zero, they kept looking. Acute Bronchitis, plus an infection in the throat and severe dehydration was the final call. I've not gotten the bill yet, but I don't care, they found the answers. I guess I got into a new "germ pool" and with my lifestyle is what it is, I had no resistance to the infection. I must get out more. SO..........more rest and pills and by the 25, our 11th Anniversary, I found my way home. I cried as I entered my driveway, I missed the place, my husband, my flowers, lake, dog and cats so much that it will be a long, long time before I venture that far again. I think the kids can make this a vacation stop from now on. I have learned to take nothing for granted especially my health. Happy, I'm always happy. Oh, and I have lost about 25 pounds, that's a good thing, but a bad way to loose the weight.......Peace...

1 comment:

Gin said...

I guess sometimes we have to be sick to learn to appreciate feeling good, but I'm sorry you had to learn it that way. Glad you're feeling better. Just don't overdo! Take care of yourself.